Do you need credits for your professional and salary advancement?
You'll get a certificate of attendance at the end of your Responsive Classroom workshop or institute. (Workshops are generally 6 hours, and institutes are 30.)
If you need graduate-level, professional development credit for your work, you can earn it through Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system in Irvine, California.
Cost is $70 per credit. Completion of a 30-hour Responsive Classroom institute is required and is a separate tuition and registration process.
Registering for credit with Brandman University
There are 3 ways to register:
1. Fax or mail in this paper registration form.
2. Register on Brandman University's website.
- Click on the course box of the option you want on the left (2-credit Responsive Classroom I, 3-credit Responsive Classroom I, etc.)
- In the selected course box, click on the "+" symbol at the bottom right to add the course.
- Use the current date for a "start date."
- At the bottom right of the page, click "Register." (As a new student, you will be prompted to enter your information, including payment.)
- Some school email filters block messages from Brandman University, so it's recommended that you provide your personal email rather than your school email.
- The registration process uses pop-up windows (allow pop-ups in your browser), and is not compatible with an iPad since is uses Adobe Flash.
3. Register one or several people with a Purchase Order—fax, email, or mail the P.O. to Robin Briones at Brandman University. Include email addresses for all registrants who need a payment code.
16355 Laguna Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92618
Brandman University will email you a code linked to your P.O. which will allow you to register online. In the payment section of the registration process, select "pay with purchase order" and enter the code when prompted.
- Complete the 30-hour training for Responsive Classroom Level I or Responsive Classroom Level II. To be eligible for this 2-credit option, your Responsive Classroom training must be recent—you must register with Brandman University within 2 years of completing RCI or RCII.
- Registration is open year-round. You will have to register with Brandman University at their website. See instructions in the yellow box, above. For the 2-credit option, you will need a copy of your certificate of attendance.
- For RCI, register for Brandman EDCU 9021
- For RCII, register for Brandman EDCU 9022
After you register, you will receive emailed instructions from Brandman University on how to submit your certificate.
- Complete the 30-hour training for Responsive Classroom Level I or Responsive Classroom Level II. To be eligible for the Fall 2013 course, your Responsive Classroom training must be recent—you must register with Brandman University within 2 years of completing RCI or RCII.
- Registration for the 3-credit option is open now through January 6, 2014. You will have to register with Brandman University at their website. See instructions in the yellow box, above.
Choose two projects from five options (including choices for classroom teachers, special area teachers, and administrators). For each project, plan, implement, and reflect on one Responsive Classroom practice, and write a 5–10 page paper. Here are the links to the project assignments:
- Submit projects between October 7, 2013–January 6, 2014. Include your completed cover page and evaluation with your papers. Email or mail to:
Northeast Foundation for Children, Inc. / Responsive Classroom
Attn: Susan Farber
85 Avenue A, P.O. Box 718
Turners Falls, MA 01376-0718
"The assignments were thought-provoking and directly related to real-life experiences in the classroom. Being able to choose which assignments to complete was very helpful and allowed me to consider what would have the most impact in my classroom." —Kathy Conway-Frangione
Questions? Email Susan Farber or call 800-360-6332, ext. 102.