What's New from Responsive Classroom? (Fall 2012)
The next issue of the free Responsive Classroom newsletter will be mailed in January 2013. We've decided to publish the printed newsletter less frequently in order to conserve resources and continue to expand the free online resources we offer (see below). The printed version of the newsletter will now be mailed to subscribers in August, January, and April.
More Ways to Stay Connected
You don't have to wait until January to hear from us again! You can get ideas and inspiration from Responsive Classroom as often as you want.
- Sign up for our e-notice to get timely advice and suggestions once a month. (To sign up, just go to the "Get News from Us" area on this page.)
- Visit the Responsive® blog for practical tips and reflections from Responsive Classroom consultants and authors at least once a week. You can even get new posts emailed to you!
- Check out Responsive Classroom boards on Pinterest, join the lively community of people who've liked us on Facebook, or watch videos on our YouTube channel.
- Browse the Responsive Classroom website and find just what you need. There's hundreds of free articles, all written by experienced educators, on topics such as First Weeks of School, Morning Meeting, and Teaching Positive Behavior.
Five New Books!
How to Bullyproof Your Classroom
Stop bullying before it starts. Veteran educator Caltha Crowe offers a proactive approach to bullying prevention that shows you how to create a positive classroom environment and how to respond to meanness before it escalates.
Interactive Modeling: A Powerful Technique for Teaching Children Use Interactive Modeling for quick, efficient teaching of simple or complex routines, transitions, use of materials, academic skills, social skills—any behavior, skill, or routine that needs to be done in a specific way. Includes sample lessons, scripts, planning guide.
Closing Circles: 50 Activities for Ending the Day in a Positive Way Reaffirm classroom community and bring the day to a peaceful end. You'll find an activity to match just about any class mood or developmental level. Includes tips on finding time for closing circles.
Responsive Classroom® Assessment Tool for Administrators
Assess strengths and challenges in teachers' implementation of Responsive Classroom practices and help them improve by offering very specific feedback. Includes reproducible checklists.
Responsive Classroom® Assessment Tool for Teachers
Detailed suggestions and rubric for teachers to assess, reflect on, and improve their own practice—or help colleagues do so. Great for beginners and veterans alike.
And Coming Soon . . .
During the 2012/13 school year, we'll offer the following one-day Responsive Classroom workshops in Chicago, New York City, San Francisco Bay area, Boston, Washington, DC, and Western Massachusetts:
- Bullyproof Your Classroom
- Child Development Matters
- Responsive Classroom Sampler
- Responding to Misbehavior
Dates and locations for our 2012/13 school year workshops are still being finalized and will be added to our website soon. Go to the "Get News from Us" area on this page and sign up if you'd like us to send you email announcements about Responsive Classroom workshops and institutes.
Get News From Us
Subscribe to the Newsletter